I am a development worker and journalist. I work with evaluation, coordination and formulation of development projects and media projects, investigations, print and web media, translation, courses and delegations.
My main experience is with Central American social movements – farmers, Maya, trade union, children – and independent media projects in Denmark. Since 2012 I have been gaining experience in Ghana and Uganda, working with the Danish Association of the Disabled (DHF).
My work is guided by the logic of popular participation: participatory project design and management, self management, learning by doing, grass roots media.
I live in Brønshøj, Denmark. I run SGH Consult and I am a member of the Danish media cooperative Monsun.
Some core competencies:
- Popular movements in Central America (extensive experience in Nicaragua, Guatemala, Honduras).
- Organizations of disabled people in Uganda and Ghana.
- Organization and capacity building (cooperatives, popular movements, communities).
- Participatory education, planning and evaluation (Appreciative Inquiery, Most Significant Change).
- Process led project design & management.
- People based writing to engage the heart and the mind.